To provide high-quality training using evidence-based knowledge, information technology, academic excellence, critical thinking, and research.
Evolution Health Academy will be recognized as a leader for quality healthcare training for the State of Florida and nationwide.
Evolution: Evolve on a day to day basis to achieve excellence.
Value: Consider others and value people as you value yourself.
Organize: Stay focus and organized all the time.
Learn: Learn from and about others by listening actively
Utilize: Manage your time and resources appropriately
Transform: Use your inner thinking to maximize your potential.
Integrity: Your action and behaviour (s) should align with human integrity.
Outcome: Use science and/or patient-centered care to get the best outcome possible.
Nurture: Invest in culture diversity and inclusion.
In support of its mission, the academy’s objectives are:
- To fulfill the educational expectations of students and faculty and to provide the community with professionals capable of meeting the challenges in their chosen field;
- To provide students with all the materials, faculty and administrative support needed to complete their program;
- To encourage and foster the value of life-long learning in our students;
- To provide students with the most up-to-date and comprehensive information available in their field of study;
- To utilize evaluation tools and materials which require the students to effectively demonstrate the integration of the concepts and skills they have learned;
- To maintain an educational environment that respects and welcomes a diversity of individual backgrounds, abilities, interests, and opinions.
- To empower students, community with the best education by utilizing tools that are effective, sustainable, and technological.
The Program philosophy is to empower students with a patient-centered care approach by the use of Information Technology, critical thinking, evidence-based knowledge. The school uses a student approach focus and student evolves at the same rhythm with the nursing profession. The School achieves its philosophy through patient-centered care approach, quality education, and Institution’s core values:
1. Patient-Centered Care
Patient-centered care is the practice of caring for patients (and their families) in ways that are meaningful and valuable to the individual patient. It includes listening to, informing, and involving patients in their care. The IOM (Institute of Medicine) defines patient-centered care as: “Providing care that is respectful of, and responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values, and ensuring that patient values guide all clinical decisions.”
Evolution of Health Academy practices principles of patient-centered care as an institution. Those principles are:
- Respect for patients’ values, preferences and expressed needs
- Coordination and integration of care
- Information and education
- Physical comfort
- Emotional support and alleviation of fear and anxiety
- Involvement of family and friends
- Continuity and transition
- Access to care
The faculty believes that individuals and groups function in complex, constantly changing environments. Patient’s responses to their health states are dynamic.
The nurse will provide care for individuals and groups in this multi-cultural community. Caring behaviours will be provided in a variety of healthcare settings, including acute care, extended care, and diverse community facilities. Collaboration with individuals and groups, including other members of the healthcare team and community agencies, will assist in meeting patient needs and reaching positive outcomes of patient care.
Nursing is a practice discipline whose goal is to provide a safe, effective care environment; promote physiologic and psychosocial integrity and to meet patient needs. Contemporary health care delivery focuses on wellness and the management of chronic conditions. Along with the shift of care into the community, the aging of our population and the nation’s increasing cultural diversity, the nursing focus includes data and rationales of care based on informatics and critical thinking.
The expansion of scientific knowledge and technology mark a different approach to nursing care in the new century. The nurse, in collaboration with the patient and other members of the healthcare
Evolution Health Academy prepares the student to be:
- Active Listener
- Critical thinker
- Patient advocate
- Excellent healthcare provider
- Technologically literate
Evolution Health Academy main goals as an institution are to:
- Provide quality healthcare training using technology, evidence-based learning, and research.
- Promote culture diversity
- Use technology for the best outcome in regard to patient care.
- Value Community for greater goods.
- Clinical knowledge through simulation, hands-on, and agency internship.
- The school is non-sectarian and does not discriminate with regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or marital status in any of its academic program activities, employment practices, or admissions policies.
- Evolution Health Academy is not accredited by any national agency and therefore cannot offer students access to Federal Student Aid programs.
- The acceptance of the transfer of credits or credit hours earned at this institution is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits or clock hours earned at this institution will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
- The institution does not offer advanced placement based on work experience.
- As a prospective student, you must review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
- It is the policy of the school to provide a copy of the latest school catalog either in writing or electronically on the school’s website to all prospective students.
Evolution Health Academy is a d/b/a of Evolution Health Services, LLC, a limited liability company owned and operated by Viltaire Voltaire.
Find out more about how we provide quality healthcare education in Miami Gardens, Florida. Reach us here.