Evolution Health Academy is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, License #5870. Further information regarding the institution may be obtained by contacting:
Florida Department of Education
Commission for Independent Education
325 W Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, Fl. 32399
Telephone No: 850-245-3200/Toll Free 888-224-6684
Licensure for Nursing Assistant
In the state of Florida, the prospective nursing assistant must take and pass both the written and clinical exam administered by Florida’s Board of Nursing in addition to passing an FBI level 2 background screening through the FDLE. Information on applying for the Florida Nurse Aide Exam can be obtained by contacting Prometric at (888) 277-3500 or on their website at www.prometric.com/nurseaide/fl.
Licensure for Home Health Aide
There is no state licensing or certification of home health aides in Florida. The State of Florida does not have a state-administered test of home health aides.
There is no state law that requires the licensing or certification of home health aides in Florida. To work for a Medicare or Medicaid home health agency, a home health aide must complete at least 75 hours of training and/or successfully complete a competency evaluation given by the home health agency.
To work in a licensed-only agency the home health aide must complete at least 40 hours of training or successfully complete a competency test given by the home health agency. Some home health agencies require additional training above these minimum hours. Some home health agencies may hire certified nursing assistants to work as home health aides. Individuals who have graduated from an accredited school of nursing and are waiting to take their state exam for licensure in Florida can work as a home health aide. Registered nurses and licensed practical nurses who can show proof they are licensed in another state or in Florida can work as a home health aide.
Please note: these are the minimum requirements. A home health agency may have its own additional requirements beyond the minimum for home health aides.
Licensure for Practical Nurse by Examination
The requirements for licensure by examination include:
- Graduation from a Florida approved or accredited nursing education program.
- Graduation from an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited nursing program that has been issued an NCLEX code by NCSBN.
- Graduation from a nursing education program that is approved or recognized by the jurisdiction in which it is based and that has been issued an NCLEX code by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Graduation from a military nursing education program that has been issued an NCLEX code by NCSBN.
- Graduation from a generic Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or higher program that has been issued an NCLEX code by NCSBN.
- Graduation from a non-NCSBN jurisdiction, i.e. Puerto Rico, or international nursing education program that the board determines to be equivalent to an approved program (NON-NCSBN/International Grads)