ADMISSION PROCESS FOR THE LPN PROGRAM
Practical Nursing Program is open to all who meet the following requirement
- Applicants must present evidence of a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants who do not have a high school diploma, high school certification, or GED and are 18 years of age or older must demonstrate the ability to learn from the program of instruction.
- Applicants must pass the TABE Basic Skills Exit Requirements: Reading 75%, Math 75%, and Language 75%.
- Applicants must provide evidence of good physical and mental health (results of a physical performed by a licensed healthcare provider).
- Applicants must provide evidence of meeting immunization requirements by providing a negative urine drug screening, proof that you are free of active tuberculosis, and have immunizations for measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella.
- Applicants must provide evidence of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Level 2 Background Check and Drug Screen.
- Applicants must provide proof of current certification by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross Affiliated Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers.
- Applicants must write an essay on a selected topic (with a score of 7/10 or higher). *limited to 3 tries in one year
- Applicants must undergo an interview with the Program Director.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The application for admission involves the following steps:
- Complete an admission application.
- Complete a personal interview with a school representative.
- Tour the school facilities.
- When necessary, take the TABE.
- Receive and read all required pre-enrollment disclosures:
- School Catalog with the Program Outline
- Drug-Free School Disclosure
- Read the Enrollment Agreement
- Make financial arrangement to cover tuition and fees
Upon completion of the application process, the school will consider the prospective student’s application in totality. Once accepted, the applicant will be responsible for arrangements for tuition payments, signing the enrollment agreement, and paying for the criminal background check and registration fees. Once the enrollment agreement has been signed, the student will be required to attend a comprehensive orientation before the first day of class. Prospective students who were denied admission, and would like to view their file, may submit a written request. Access to view the file will be granted within 24 to 48 hours of the request’s receipt.
LPN PROGRAM ADMISSION
- Fill the registration form
- Upload your high school diploma
- Take the Tabe
- Pay the registration fee
- Pass the background check
- Panel interview with school administration
- Received your admission letter