PRACTICAL NURSING PROGRAM
Practical Nursing Program is open to all persons who meet the following requirements.
- Applicants must present evidence of a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants who do not have a high school diploma, high school certification or GED and are 18 years of age or older must demonstrate the ability to learn from the program of instruction.
- Applicants must pass the TABE Basic Skills Exit Requirements: Reading 75%, Math 75%, and Language 75%.
- Provide evidence of good physical and mental health (through evidence of a physical performed by a licensed healthcare provider).
- Provide evidence of meeting immunization requirements by providing a negative urine drug screening, evidence that you are free of active tuberculosis, and have immunizations for measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella.
- Provide evidence of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Level 2 Background Check and Drug Screen.
- Provide proof of current certification by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross Affiliated Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers.
- Written essay on the selected topic – score of 7/10 or better. *(limited to 3 tries in one year)
- Interview with the Program Director.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The application for admissions process is as follows:
- Complete an admissions application.
- Complete a personal interview with a school representative.
- Tour the school facilities.
- When necessary, take the TABE.
- Receive and read all required pre-enrollment disclosures.
- School Catalog with the Program Outline
- Drug-Free School Disclosure
- Read the Enrollment Agreement
- Make financial arrangement to cover tuition and fees
Upon completion of the application process, the school will consider the prospective student’s application in totality. Once accepted, the applicant will be responsible for arrangements for tuition payments, signing the Enrollment Agreement, and paying for the criminal background check and registration fees. Once the Enrollment Agreement has been signed, the student will be required to attend a comprehensive orientation held prior to the first day of class. Prospective students who were denied admission, and would like to view their file, may submit a written request. Access to view the file will be granted within 24 to 48 hours of the request.
LICENSURE FOR PRACTICAL NURSE BY EXAMINATION
The requirements for licensure by examination include:
- Graduation from a Florida approved or accredited nursing education program.
- Graduation from an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited nursing program that has been issued an NCLEX code by NCSBN.
- Graduation from a nursing education program that is approved or recognized by the jurisdiction in which it is based and that has been issued an NCLEX code by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Graduation from a military nursing education program that has been issued an NCLEX code by NCSBN.
- Graduation from a generic Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or higher program that has been issued an NCLEX code by NCSBN.
- Graduation from a Non-NCSBN jurisdiction, i.e. Puerto Rico, or international nursing education program that the board determines to be equivalent to an approved program (NON-NCSBN/International Grads)
PRACTICAL NURSING PROGRAM
This program prepares graduates for employment as licensed practical nurses. The program includes but is not limited to theoretical instruction and clinical experience and Clinical Simulation in: medical-surgical nursing, pharmacology and medication administration, geriatric and long term care nursing, and obstetrical and pediatric nursing. Graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN state board examination to become licensed practical nurses.
|Course#||Course Title||Theory Clock Hours||Clinical Simulation Clock Hours||Clinical Clock Hours||Total Hours|
|LPN 101||Medical Terminology||45||0||0||45|
|LPN 102||Introduction to Nursing||50||20||30||100|
|LPN 103||Long Term Care Nursing Assistant||75||10||35||120|
|LPN 104||Anatomy and Physiology||90||0||0||90|
|LPN 105||Fundamentals of Nursing||80||20||60||160|
|LPN 106||Pharmacology and Intravenous Therapy Skills||40||0||50||90|
|LPN 107||Medical Surgical Nursing I||90||40||100||230|
|LPN 108||Medical Surgical Nursing II||90||40||100||230|
|LPN 109||Maternal Newborn Nursing||30||30||15||75|
|LPN 110||Pediatric Nursing||30||30||15||75|
|LPN 111||Mental Health Concepts||20||10||40||70|
|LPN 112||Community Health||10||0||20||30|
|LPN 113||Transition to Practice||20||0||30||50|
Practical Nursing Program Outcome Competencies:
- Demonstrate behaviors that comply with rules and statutes set forth in the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Florida.
- Apply nursing principles to meet the daily physical, social and psychological needs of the patient.
- Perform nursing measures with accuracy, safety and efficiency, consistent with current nursing concepts and practices in different health care settings.
- Function as a responsible member of the nursing team concerned with basic therapeutic, rehabilitative and preventative care for persons of all ages and diverse cultures.
- Demonstrate professional competencies consistent with the practical nursing code of ethics.
- Demonstrate appropriate employability skills.
- The program graduate will pass the state of board licensure/certification exam
- Perform organizational skills in following the patient’s plan of care in completing patient care assignments.
- Assist in restorative care for patients with specific needs to reach their optimal level of independence.
- Demonstrate effective employability skills in work ethics.
Upon satisfactory completion of this program, graduates will receive a certificate from Evolution Health Academy when they:
- Complete each required course / meet each course’s minimum standards in addition to obtaining an overall CGPA of 70% or higher and satisfy all financial obligations.
- At this time, special recognition awards will be issued to students in recognition of outstanding performance.